Script reading: SAG-AFTRA actors read material by NWSG members
April 7th, 2017
Members of the Northwest Screenwriters Guild had the pleasure of hearing portions of their screenplays brought to life by professional actors, in an event co-sponsored by the Seattle SAG-AFTRA chapter.
Held March 12 at the Eclectic Theater, the event featured script excerpts from a broad range of genres, and was followed by a question-and-answer session with the screenwriters.
While screenwriting programs such as Final Draft have a text-to-speech feature that allows you to assign different voices to the characters in your script, there is no substitute to hearing your script read by professional actors. That’s why the NWSG teamed up with SAG-AFTRA, not only for the benefit of some of our screenwriters, but also to provide the opportunity for actors to exercise their skills, and demonstrate their range should any of the featured projects move forward to production.
The NWSG members whose scripts were featured:
- LAST STOP by Michael Walker – directed by Bill Murray
- LITTLE BANDITS by Michael Di Martino – directed by Craig Packard
- THE ELEPHANT ROOM by Tom Kennedy – directed by George Thomas Jr.
- TAKEN AWAY by Kate Calamatta – Long Tran
- TUESDAY NIGHT POKER by Adam Sheridan – directed by Bill Murray
- THE WAY DOWN by Jeffry Smith – directed by Long Tran
- DELUSIONAL (PONZI) by Dick McCormick – directed by Craig Packard
- SUPER GEEKS by Mark Robyn – directed by George Thomas Jr.